Tax Lawyer Darby Smith can help you stop IRS levies, liens and garnishments:
There are many legal options to pursue when faced with Federal and State tax liens, levies and garnishments:
- Challenge the underlying tax liability in United States Tax Court
- Pay and sue for a refund in Federal District Court or the U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Discharge eligible taxes in Bankruptcy
- Submit an Offer in Compromise under
- Enter into an Installment Agreement
- Assert the Statute of Limitations as a defense
- Seek “Currently Not Collectible” status if collection activity will result in actual hardship
- Seek Innocent Spouse Relief
- Request a Collection Due Process hearing
- Appeal under the Collection Appeals Program
- Seek Penalty Abatement under the “Good Faith” exception
- Payoff the liability in a lump sum
But some have important deadlines. If you need legal advice on how to proceed, I would like to offer my help.Wouldn’t you prefer to have a licensed tax attorney give you legal advice rather than a non-attorney sales agent with an out-of-state national tax resolution firm, especially if it did not cost you more? Non-attorneys cannot give you legal advice.
Darby obtained a Masters of Law (LL.M). in Taxation from New York University School of Law in May 2012 and his general law degree (J.D.) from the University of Kentucky College of Law in 1996. He was an Accounting Major at the University of South Carolina. This experience holds significant relevance when serving as a tax attorney for his Louisville, KY clients. For experienced representation from a Louisville tax attorney with a relevant background in the field, please contact Darby Smith today.