TAXES, LIENS, and LEVIES
Do you owe past due taxes?
Is the IRS garnishing your wages?
Is the IRS levying your assets?
Are their Federal Tax Liens filed against you?
Call Darby Smith at 502-649-4788 to see which of these SOLUTIONS is best for you:
- Challenge the underlying tax liability in United States Tax Court
- Pay and sue for a refund in Federal District Court or the U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Discharge eligible taxes in Bankruptcy
- Submit an Offer in Compromise under 26 USC § 7122 and Treas. Reg §301.7122-1
- Enter into an Installment Agreement
- Assert the Statute of Limitations as a defense
- Seek “Currently Not Collectible” status if collection activity will result in actual hardship
- Seek Innocent Spouse Relief
- Request a Collection Due Process hearing
- Appeal under the Collection Appeals Program
- Seek Penalty Abatement under the “Good Faith” exception
- Payoff the liability in a lump sum
Darby obtained a Masters of Law (LL.M). in Taxation from New York University School of Law in May 2012 and his general law degree (J.D.) from the University of Kentucky College of Law in 1996. He was an Accounting Major at the University of South Carolina. Darby is authorized to practice before the United States Tax Court and before the IRS.